Nancy Keeney Smith is a Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Manual Lymph Drainage Therapist, and a Florida and NCTMB Provider of Scar Management Workshops. Nancy’s Traumatic Scar Tissue Workshops has been taught internationally to massage school students, LMT’s, PT’s and OT’s. Nancy has published research on therapeutic massage on pediatric burn survivors, co-authored the book TRAUMATIC SCAR TISSUE MANAGEMENT, contributor to INTEGRATIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT, former 1st Vice-President of the AMTA Florida Chapter, member of the American Burn Association, the National Lymphedema Association.
Her private practice in Gainesville, Florida includes treatment of burn survivors, clients battling cancer, mastectomy scar management, as well as others with traumatic scarring. Nancy consults with Physical and Occupational Therapists on burn massage techniques and developing long term protocol for scar management after care programs.
Her research and work includes:
- 2005 Pioneered therapeutic massage sessions with pediatric burn survivors at Camp Amigo
- 2006 Project Leader of Massage Therapy Foundation Grant funded pilot program for pediatric burn scars & massage therapy
- 2005 to present Program Leader for TALK Project-massage therapy for pediatric burn survivors
- 2008 Research paper published-Range of Motion Improves After Massage in Children With Burns: A Pilot Study
- 2010 MTIF funds research on how massage and active isolated stretching effects ROM on scar tissue
- 2011 Opens After Care Clinic for Scar Management in Gainesville, Florida
- 2013 Presenter- International Massage Therapy Research Conference
- 2016 Author: Traumatic Scar Management Techniques Handspring Publishing
- 2016 Author: Scar Chapter contributor to Integrative Pain Management
We accept the following insurances: