Nancy is Certified in Lymphatic Drainage Management and has over 400 hours in continuing education in a variety of techniques including Oncology Massage, lymphatic drainage, scar tissue and fascial manipulation. Nancy works with traumatic scar tissue including burns, cancer related scars and surgical scars and has published research on pediatric burn massage.
- 2005 Pioneered therapeutic massage sessions with pediatric burn survivors at Camp Amigo
- 2006 Project Leader of Massage Therapy Foundation Grant funded pilot program for pediatric burn scars & massage therapy
- 2005 to present Program Leader for TALK Project-massage therapy for pediatric burn survivors
- 2008 Research paper Published-Range of Motion Improves After Massage in Children with Burns: A Pilot Study
- 2010 MTIF funds research on how massage and active isolated stretching effects ROM on scar tissue
- 2011 Opens After Care Clinic for Scar Management in Gainesville, Florida
- 2013 Presenter- International Massage Therapy Research Conference
- 2016 Author: Traumatic Scar Management Techniques: Principles, Practice and Protocol-Handspring Publishing
- 2016 Author: Scar Chapter contributor to Integrative Pain Management-Handspring Publishing
- 2018: Presenter Pre Conference 5th International Fascia Research Congress Berlin, Germany
Client centered therapy sessions with protocol that combines gentle hands-on techniques to facilitate the best healing environment. Contact Nancy today to schedule your session
Continuing Education for Health Care Professionals: Nancy’s workshops embrace humor, a wealth of usable information and abiding reverence for research and intuitive bodywork. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzUdDsi2mkg
Students will be encouraged to share their scar tissue experiences, interact with other therapists in group discussions and will have the opportunity to record demos from instructors to have for their own reference.
The overarching learning outcome is to assist the professional with improving their critical thinking, clinical reasoning and scar treatment skills in order to achieve consistently safe and effective clinical outcomes.
N’Touch Therapy LLC is a NCBTMB Provider #450391-07 Florida Provider # 50-11196